Customer experience, also known as CX, is your customers’ all-around impression of their experience with your business or brand.
CX is the result of every interaction a customer has with your business, from navigating the website to talking to customer service and receiving the product/ service they bought from you.Few stats:
- 68% of consumers go to social networking sites to read product reviews.
- 72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (Search Engine Land).
- 90% of consumers say that positive online reviews influence their buying decisions (Dimensional Research).
Customer service is delivering the software which customer wants to be done, and keep the customer informed in the process as and when they ask for status.
Customer experience is broader and more significant. It is not only delivering and serving customers, whereas includes:
- Pre-empt (implicit needs as well as end-customer expectations, this comes with Subject Matter Expertise)
- Provide consultancy (With T-shaped thinking, provide recommendations on how to do better what’s being done, as well as what all benefits can be possibly implemented in the future)
- Better pricing
- Transparency in deliveries
Business development wise, CX can lead to customer engagement and thus more new business and lack of implementing CX in the process can result in lost opportunities.
Maximizing your focus on customer experience, CX should be a cornerstone of the company’s marketing strategy – it’s the way of the future and the overall results are evident.